Removing Chalk Stains From Carpet
Try our STAINMASTER™ carpet care products with breakthrough technology to quickly remove tough stains and protect your carpet from resoiling.
- Mix 1/4 cup liquid dish detergent in 1 cup warm water.
- Using a whisk or beater, whip the solution until you have created a sudsy foam.
- Use only the foam on the carpet.
It may be necessary to increase the amount of detergent to get enough suds to create foam.
How to remove chalk from carpet
- First, use your vacuum to remove as many dry particles as possible. For best results, use a vacuum with a beater bar and good suction.
- Prepare the sudsy foam solution above.
- Test the solution on a small, inconspicuous section of carpet. We want to make sure the solution doesn’t cause any discoloration or damage!
- Using only the foam, apply to surface of carpet where stain is.
- Apply the foam to the stained area on the carpet, while making sure not to rub the foam into the carpet. Just apply it gently!
- Leave the cleaning solution on the spill for at least five minutes, so it can work its magic.
- Vacuum the area thoroughly using a wet vacuum.
- Rinse the spot with cold water.
- If the stain is still visible, repeat the process until it is removed, or no longer transfers.
- If the stain persists after using the sudsy foam, contact a professional cleaner.
- Once the stain is removed, layer white paper towels on the site to soak up any extra moisture. Weigh down the towels with a non-staining glass or ceramic object (think like a paperweight), and let them sit overnight.
- When the carpet is dry, vacuum the area to restore the texture.
- Give yourself a big high five. You did it!
Did the stain removal technique work for you? Yes | No