Removing Mustard Stains From Carpet
Mix 1/4 teaspoon mild liquid dish soap with one cup warm water.
How to remove mustard from carpet
- Blot up as much of the mustard as possible.
- Prepare the detergent cleaning solution above.
- Test the cleaning solution on an inconspicuous section of carpet. We want to make sure the solution does not discolor or damage!
- Apply the solution to a cloth, and use the cloth to apply the solution to the mustard stain. For the best results, work from the outside of the stain toward the center.
- Leave the cleaning solution on the mustard stain for at least five minutes, so it can work its magic.
- Blot with a clean white cloth until the stain no longer transfers. Be careful not to rub the stained area, or you might damage the carpet fibers.
- Rinse the spot with cold water, making sure all excess cleaning solution is removed from carpet.
- If the stain remailns, e stain is removed or the stain no longer transfers to the cloth.
- If the stain remains, contact a professional cleaner.
- Once the stain is removed, layer white paper towels on the site to soak up any excess moisture. Weigh down the towels with a non-staining glass or ceramic object, and let them sit overnight.
- When the carpet is dry, vacuum to restore the texture.
Did the stain removal technique work for you? Yes | No